I am a runner, marathoner and RRCA certified running coach. I work with newer runners and first-time marathoners.
I write about running, training, overcoming self-doubt, and pushing through the times you want to quit.
I believe that everyone needs to define success for themselves and should always strive to be your best even when you aren’t the best.
Looking For A Online Running Coach?
I offer online run coaching, encouragement, and accountability for emerging and re-emerging athletes.
Check out my Puffin Coaching website for more information.
My Blog Manifesto
With this blog and with my posts, I hope that I will encourage and support others to:
• Define what success means for you and to go out and strive towards that success
• Be your best, even when (especially when) you will never be the best
• Focus on improving your life and body, which may or may not involve how fast you are or how long you can (or want to) run
• Figure out what motivates you
• Ignore the goals or priorities that others say are important if they don’t inspire you
• Have balance in life and in running
• Look beyond finish time, age ranking, or the completion of a specific distance as the only indicators of worth
• Celebrate every victory, however large or small
• Have fun and enjoy running
Recent Blog Posts
I was supposed to be the leader of the 4:40 pace group at the Oakland Marathon on March 22. Then, I was supposed to write a recap of that race in this blog post. So many ‘supposedas’ aren’t happening the […]
Endurance running is never easy. Training for and running a marathon will always be a challenge. While mass race cancellations weren’t the challenge any of us were expecting, it is the challenge we now face. While I finished my main […]
Some runners don’t like to follow a training plan. They love nothing more than to head out the door and run however long they feel like. Or they bristle against being told what they ‘should do’ even if it is […]