I am a runner, marathoner and RRCA certified running coach. I work with newer runners and first-time marathoners.
I write about running, training, overcoming self-doubt, and pushing through the times you want to quit.
I believe that everyone needs to define success for themselves and should always strive to be your best even when you aren’t the best.
Looking For A Online Running Coach?
I offer online run coaching, encouragement, and accountability for emerging and re-emerging athletes.
Check out my Puffin Coaching website for more information.
My Blog Manifesto
With this blog and with my posts, I hope that I will encourage and support others to:
• Define what success means for you and to go out and strive towards that success
• Be your best, even when (especially when) you will never be the best
• Focus on improving your life and body, which may or may not involve how fast you are or how long you can (or want to) run
• Figure out what motivates you
• Ignore the goals or priorities that others say are important if they don’t inspire you
• Have balance in life and in running
• Look beyond finish time, age ranking, or the completion of a specific distance as the only indicators of worth
• Celebrate every victory, however large or small
• Have fun and enjoy running
Recent Blog Posts
A/K/A The Trail-Less Trail Race The Plan My plan was so simple. I knew I was going to be in Minnesota in August visiting my family, so I figured since I’m training for an ultra and would have to run anyway, […]
Pre-Race Thoughts After recently putting together my database of races, I realized that with Saturday’s finish, this will be the race I’ve done the most. It will be my 6th Bear Creek Trail Half. This really surprised me. I really like […]
Pre-Race Thoughts Santa Cruz will be my first race since the American River 50, which was in April, but which seems like a million years ago. I feel vaguely nervous about this race, but I can’t put my finger on […]