I am a runner, marathoner and RRCA certified running coach. I work with newer runners and first-time marathoners.
I write about running, training, overcoming self-doubt, and pushing through the times you want to quit.
I believe that everyone needs to define success for themselves and should always strive to be your best even when you aren’t the best.
Looking For A Online Running Coach?
I offer online run coaching, encouragement, and accountability for emerging and re-emerging athletes.
Check out my Puffin Coaching website for more information.
My Blog Manifesto
With this blog and with my posts, I hope that I will encourage and support others to:
• Define what success means for you and to go out and strive towards that success
• Be your best, even when (especially when) you will never be the best
• Focus on improving your life and body, which may or may not involve how fast you are or how long you can (or want to) run
• Figure out what motivates you
• Ignore the goals or priorities that others say are important if they don’t inspire you
• Have balance in life and in running
• Look beyond finish time, age ranking, or the completion of a specific distance as the only indicators of worth
• Celebrate every victory, however large or small
• Have fun and enjoy running
Recent Blog Posts
Most runners tend to be goal setters. Running can be hard (or at least it isn’t always fun). Having a goal to work towards can help keep you motivated and focused when the going gets tough. But not all running […]
We’ve all been there. You wake up tired, look at your calendar, and see you’re supposed to do a 5-mile run. You desperately don’t want to do this run. A visit to the dentist and 14 loads of laundry sound more […]
Disclosure: Got these base layers free from Icebreaker for the purpose of this review. All opinions are my own. My History With Icebreaker And Merino I always thought of wool as being itchy and uncomfortable. Wool may be a natural, sustainable, […]