I am a runner, marathoner and RRCA certified running coach. I work with newer runners and first-time marathoners.
I write about running, training, overcoming self-doubt, and pushing through the times you want to quit.
I believe that everyone needs to define success for themselves and should always strive to be your best even when you aren’t the best.
Looking For A Online Running Coach?
I offer online run coaching, encouragement, and accountability for emerging and re-emerging athletes.
Check out my Puffin Coaching website for more information.
My Blog Manifesto
With this blog and with my posts, I hope that I will encourage and support others to:
• Define what success means for you and to go out and strive towards that success
• Be your best, even when (especially when) you will never be the best
• Focus on improving your life and body, which may or may not involve how fast you are or how long you can (or want to) run
• Figure out what motivates you
• Ignore the goals or priorities that others say are important if they don’t inspire you
• Have balance in life and in running
• Look beyond finish time, age ranking, or the completion of a specific distance as the only indicators of worth
• Celebrate every victory, however large or small
• Have fun and enjoy running
Recent Blog Posts
I recently traveled home to Minnesota to visit family. That gave me the perfect chance to remember one old favorite and try out a (soon-to-be) new favorite. Note: Some of these links are Amazon affiliate links where I may be compensated […]
I was recently at a non-running event (it does occasionally happen) and the fact that I’m a running coach came up. I got to talking with another attendee and she asked me how to know if she’s ready to run a […]
I was recently filling out a form that asked for my current marathon personal record. I realized I have no idea what mine is. It’s been years since I’ve done a marathon that isn’t either: 1) a crazy hilly trail […]