I am a runner, marathoner and RRCA certified running coach. I work with newer runners and first-time marathoners.
I write about running, training, overcoming self-doubt, and pushing through the times you want to quit.
I believe that everyone needs to define success for themselves and should always strive to be your best even when you aren’t the best.
Looking For A Online Running Coach?
I offer online run coaching, encouragement, and accountability for emerging and re-emerging athletes.
Check out my Puffin Coaching website for more information.
My Blog Manifesto
With this blog and with my posts, I hope that I will encourage and support others to:
• Define what success means for you and to go out and strive towards that success
• Be your best, even when (especially when) you will never be the best
• Focus on improving your life and body, which may or may not involve how fast you are or how long you can (or want to) run
• Figure out what motivates you
• Ignore the goals or priorities that others say are important if they don’t inspire you
• Have balance in life and in running
• Look beyond finish time, age ranking, or the completion of a specific distance as the only indicators of worth
• Celebrate every victory, however large or small
• Have fun and enjoy running
Recent Blog Posts
3100: Run and Become: Documentary Review
To run is to pray Find happiness through exertion -Navajo Prayer I need to be more careful with what random ideas I put out into the universe. A few weeks ago, I was talking to someone in my running club […]
Running in the Midpack: Book Review
Note: The publishers gave me a copy of Running the Midpack for this review. All thoughts are my own. When the publishers of Running in the Midpack: How to be a strong, successful and happy runner by Martin Yelling and Anji […]
26 Journal Prompts for Marathon Training
I know, I’m a cliche of myself sometimes with all the running journal posts, but I’m a true believer in spending some time pondering life and how I feel about the things going on in it. I joke about it, […]