I am a runner, marathoner and RRCA certified running coach. I work with newer runners and first-time marathoners.
I write about running, training, overcoming self-doubt, and pushing through the times you want to quit.
I believe that everyone needs to define success for themselves and should always strive to be your best even when you aren’t the best.
Looking For A Online Running Coach?
I offer online run coaching, encouragement, and accountability for emerging and re-emerging athletes.
Check out my Puffin Coaching website for more information.
My Blog Manifesto
With this blog and with my posts, I hope that I will encourage and support others to:
• Define what success means for you and to go out and strive towards that success
• Be your best, even when (especially when) you will never be the best
• Focus on improving your life and body, which may or may not involve how fast you are or how long you can (or want to) run
• Figure out what motivates you
• Ignore the goals or priorities that others say are important if they don’t inspire you
• Have balance in life and in running
• Look beyond finish time, age ranking, or the completion of a specific distance as the only indicators of worth
• Celebrate every victory, however large or small
• Have fun and enjoy running
Recent Blog Posts
My training for the American River 50 miler is really kicking into gear, so it shouldn’t come as a surprise that half of my picks are post-run picks. Read prior Puffin Picks posts. Note: Some of these links are Amazon affiliate […]
They say running is a cheap sport, but anyone who has priced out a new pair of running shoes knows that isn’t the case. What is true of running is it’s as complicated (and expensive) as you want to make it. I […]
Week 2 of (officially) training for the American River 50 miler (AR50). This week was a rainy one for us here in the Bay Area and I was reminded of how out of practice I am running in the rain. […]