I am a runner, marathoner and RRCA certified running coach. I work with newer runners and first-time marathoners.
I write about running, training, overcoming self-doubt, and pushing through the times you want to quit.
I believe that everyone needs to define success for themselves and should always strive to be your best even when you aren’t the best.
Looking For A Online Running Coach?
I offer online run coaching, encouragement, and accountability for emerging and re-emerging athletes.
Check out my Puffin Coaching website for more information.
My Blog Manifesto
With this blog and with my posts, I hope that I will encourage and support others to:
• Define what success means for you and to go out and strive towards that success
• Be your best, even when (especially when) you will never be the best
• Focus on improving your life and body, which may or may not involve how fast you are or how long you can (or want to) run
• Figure out what motivates you
• Ignore the goals or priorities that others say are important if they don’t inspire you
• Have balance in life and in running
• Look beyond finish time, age ranking, or the completion of a specific distance as the only indicators of worth
• Celebrate every victory, however large or small
• Have fun and enjoy running
Recent Blog Posts
Many runners (myself included) view the treadmill as a necessary evil. It may have its place when it’s dark and rainy out, but otherwise? The treadmill is to be avoided at all costs… I mean, the thing was originally developed […]
I’ll confess, I have no idea how my training is going. I know my runs have been feeling great (yeah!), but is that enough to prepare me for race day? I have no idea. How many miles should I be […]
Even if you started your run with the best form, the best mindset, and the best plan for fuel and hydration, things can start to slide after a few miles. It’s important to check in with yourself occasionally midrun. This […]