I am a runner, marathoner and RRCA certified running coach. I work with newer runners and first-time marathoners.
I write about running, training, overcoming self-doubt, and pushing through the times you want to quit.
I believe that everyone needs to define success for themselves and should always strive to be your best even when you aren’t the best.
Looking For A Online Running Coach?
I offer online run coaching, encouragement, and accountability for emerging and re-emerging athletes.
Check out my Puffin Coaching website for more information.
My Blog Manifesto
With this blog and with my posts, I hope that I will encourage and support others to:
• Define what success means for you and to go out and strive towards that success
• Be your best, even when (especially when) you will never be the best
• Focus on improving your life and body, which may or may not involve how fast you are or how long you can (or want to) run
• Figure out what motivates you
• Ignore the goals or priorities that others say are important if they don’t inspire you
• Have balance in life and in running
• Look beyond finish time, age ranking, or the completion of a specific distance as the only indicators of worth
• Celebrate every victory, however large or small
• Have fun and enjoy running
Recent Blog Posts
I have a love/hate relationship with running hills. I hate them. They are hard. But I also love trail running (or more specifically, the views you only can see on your own two feet on the trail). Around me in […]
As an introvert, I’ve always enjoyed solo runs. I’ve never had a problem heading out the door for a long, solo run. But, contrarian as I often am, I’m finding solo runs a lot less fun now that they are […]
I love a good to do list. This might be because I know if I don’t write something down, I’ll likely forget it. Or, time gets away from me and I forget just how long it’s been since I last… […]