I am a runner, marathoner and RRCA certified running coach. I work with newer runners and first-time marathoners.
I write about running, training, overcoming self-doubt, and pushing through the times you want to quit.
I believe that everyone needs to define success for themselves and should always strive to be your best even when you aren’t the best.
Looking For A Online Running Coach?
I offer online run coaching, encouragement, and accountability for emerging and re-emerging athletes.
Check out my Puffin Coaching website for more information.
My Blog Manifesto
With this blog and with my posts, I hope that I will encourage and support others to:
• Define what success means for you and to go out and strive towards that success
• Be your best, even when (especially when) you will never be the best
• Focus on improving your life and body, which may or may not involve how fast you are or how long you can (or want to) run
• Figure out what motivates you
• Ignore the goals or priorities that others say are important if they don’t inspire you
• Have balance in life and in running
• Look beyond finish time, age ranking, or the completion of a specific distance as the only indicators of worth
• Celebrate every victory, however large or small
• Have fun and enjoy running
Recent Blog Posts
Photos courtesy of Skid Row Marathon If you’ve read any of my blog posts, you know I’m a runner. If you’re a blog completist who’s gotten into some deep cut posts, you know I’m a (recovering) attorney. One thing I don’t […]
For the last many years, I’ve been a volunteer coach and pacer for my local running club’s marathon training program. Most of my trainees in this program are first-time marathoners (or born-again first timers- folks who ran a marathon years […]
A little bit of travel this month took me out of my usual routines, but it also gave me a reason to try a new kind of travel pillow and also brought me to the outlet mall for impulse purchases! Note: Some […]