I am a runner, marathoner and RRCA certified running coach. I work with newer runners and first-time marathoners.
I write about running, training, overcoming self-doubt, and pushing through the times you want to quit.
I believe that everyone needs to define success for themselves and should always strive to be your best even when you aren’t the best.
Looking For A Online Running Coach?
I offer online run coaching, encouragement, and accountability for emerging and re-emerging athletes.
Check out my Puffin Coaching website for more information.
My Blog Manifesto
With this blog and with my posts, I hope that I will encourage and support others to:
• Define what success means for you and to go out and strive towards that success
• Be your best, even when (especially when) you will never be the best
• Focus on improving your life and body, which may or may not involve how fast you are or how long you can (or want to) run
• Figure out what motivates you
• Ignore the goals or priorities that others say are important if they don’t inspire you
• Have balance in life and in running
• Look beyond finish time, age ranking, or the completion of a specific distance as the only indicators of worth
• Celebrate every victory, however large or small
• Have fun and enjoy running
Recent Blog Posts
If you run enough races, eventually you’ll have a bad one. Maybe it didn’t go according to plan, maybe it was terrible and everything felt off. Maybe it wasn’t too terrible, but you know you could have done better. The […]
This week turned into a brief intermission from ultra training as I regrouped physically and mentally. Read Prior Recaps Salmon Falls 50k Training Recap Training Goals Strength work 2x/week Hit my pace when pacing group long runs 2 trail runs […]
Yoga gets all the stretchy-mobility-cross-training option love from most runners, but I have a love-hate relationship with yoga. I’ve found yoga to be super-teacher specific. Over the years, I’ve had amazing teachers that made me want to go to yoga […]