I am a runner, marathoner and RRCA certified running coach. I work with newer runners and first-time marathoners.
I write about running, training, overcoming self-doubt, and pushing through the times you want to quit.
I believe that everyone needs to define success for themselves and should always strive to be your best even when you aren’t the best.
Looking For A Online Running Coach?
I offer online run coaching, encouragement, and accountability for emerging and re-emerging athletes.
Check out my Puffin Coaching website for more information.
My Blog Manifesto
With this blog and with my posts, I hope that I will encourage and support others to:
• Define what success means for you and to go out and strive towards that success
• Be your best, even when (especially when) you will never be the best
• Focus on improving your life and body, which may or may not involve how fast you are or how long you can (or want to) run
• Figure out what motivates you
• Ignore the goals or priorities that others say are important if they don’t inspire you
• Have balance in life and in running
• Look beyond finish time, age ranking, or the completion of a specific distance as the only indicators of worth
• Celebrate every victory, however large or small
• Have fun and enjoy running
Recent Blog Posts
Pre-Race Thoughts Goal Generally speaking, the bigger the race, the less likely I am to set specific goals. I know that seems backward. It probably makes more sense to get super specific for ‘A’ races since they are the focus […]
I love trail running. Being out in nature, seeing the sights you can only see via your own two feet. I live in the Bay Area, and the sheer variety of what surrounds me never ceases to amaze me. Within an hours […]
It Was 20 Years Ago Today… I often say that I’ve been running marathons for 20 years. Last week, that was exactly, specifically and literally true. I lined up for my first marathon on October 4, 1998. I’ve written before […]