I am a runner, marathoner and RRCA certified running coach. I work with newer runners and first-time marathoners.
I write about running, training, overcoming self-doubt, and pushing through the times you want to quit.
I believe that everyone needs to define success for themselves and should always strive to be your best even when you aren’t the best.
Looking For A Online Running Coach?
I offer online run coaching, encouragement, and accountability for emerging and re-emerging athletes.
Check out my Puffin Coaching website for more information.
My Blog Manifesto
With this blog and with my posts, I hope that I will encourage and support others to:
• Define what success means for you and to go out and strive towards that success
• Be your best, even when (especially when) you will never be the best
• Focus on improving your life and body, which may or may not involve how fast you are or how long you can (or want to) run
• Figure out what motivates you
• Ignore the goals or priorities that others say are important if they don’t inspire you
• Have balance in life and in running
• Look beyond finish time, age ranking, or the completion of a specific distance as the only indicators of worth
• Celebrate every victory, however large or small
• Have fun and enjoy running
Recent Blog Posts
My relationship with running photos continues to evolve. Historically (read: pre-this blog), I hated pretty much everything run photo related. I never had any good race photos (seriously, how can my eyes always be closed!?) and other runners taking photos […]
Fair warning: this race was huge for me and I have thoughts. This recap is slightly epic… settle in… I’ve retold this story several times, but I’ll recap it here (again). Running a 50-mile race was never something I’d considered […]
After what seems like both the blink of an eye and forever, my training for the American River 50 mile race is wrapping up. At the start of 2019, this race wasn’t even remotely on my radar. But a chance […]