I am a runner, marathoner and RRCA certified running coach. I work with newer runners and first-time marathoners.
I write about running, training, overcoming self-doubt, and pushing through the times you want to quit.
I believe that everyone needs to define success for themselves and should always strive to be your best even when you aren’t the best.
Looking For A Online Running Coach?
I offer online run coaching, encouragement, and accountability for emerging and re-emerging athletes.
Check out my Puffin Coaching website for more information.
My Blog Manifesto
With this blog and with my posts, I hope that I will encourage and support others to:
• Define what success means for you and to go out and strive towards that success
• Be your best, even when (especially when) you will never be the best
• Focus on improving your life and body, which may or may not involve how fast you are or how long you can (or want to) run
• Figure out what motivates you
• Ignore the goals or priorities that others say are important if they don’t inspire you
• Have balance in life and in running
• Look beyond finish time, age ranking, or the completion of a specific distance as the only indicators of worth
• Celebrate every victory, however large or small
• Have fun and enjoy running
Recent Blog Posts
If you want to improve your running, you don’t need to totally overhaul your training. Sometimes, the smallest changes can result in the largest results. Pimp Your Run Strength Work All runners can benefit from adding strength work into their […]
So here’s the scenario: you signed up for a race months ago with every intention of training for it. You were excited to train for it. You had a great training plan, but then life got in the way, and […]
I’m still in between training cycles, so I haven’t been running a ton (though that will be changing soon!). But that doesn’t mean I’m sitting around twiddling my thumbs! I’ve been keeping busy, meaning my picks are mostly non-running related […]