I am a runner, marathoner and RRCA certified running coach. I work with newer runners and first-time marathoners.
I write about running, training, overcoming self-doubt, and pushing through the times you want to quit.
I believe that everyone needs to define success for themselves and should always strive to be your best even when you aren’t the best.
Looking For A Online Running Coach?
I offer online run coaching, encouragement, and accountability for emerging and re-emerging athletes.
Check out my Puffin Coaching website for more information.
My Blog Manifesto
With this blog and with my posts, I hope that I will encourage and support others to:
• Define what success means for you and to go out and strive towards that success
• Be your best, even when (especially when) you will never be the best
• Focus on improving your life and body, which may or may not involve how fast you are or how long you can (or want to) run
• Figure out what motivates you
• Ignore the goals or priorities that others say are important if they don’t inspire you
• Have balance in life and in running
• Look beyond finish time, age ranking, or the completion of a specific distance as the only indicators of worth
• Celebrate every victory, however large or small
• Have fun and enjoy running
Recent Blog Posts
I am a big believer in setting goals. So often in running, those goals are focused on a racing – doing a half marathon or a marathon, for example. But there is a big wide world of running goals out […]
6 Weeks in and I’m still playing around with the very basics of my training plan. The runs are pretty much set (although I’m still tinkering with the best time of day to run to maximize my productivity), but what […]
Disclosure: I was given access to the Openfit app for free for the purposes of this review. All opinions are my own. All photos are screenshots of the app from my iPad. I’m always looking for new options for strength […]