I am a runner, marathoner and RRCA certified running coach. I work with newer runners and first-time marathoners.
I write about running, training, overcoming self-doubt, and pushing through the times you want to quit.
I believe that everyone needs to define success for themselves and should always strive to be your best even when you aren’t the best.
Looking For A Online Running Coach?
I offer online run coaching, encouragement, and accountability for emerging and re-emerging athletes.
Check out my Puffin Coaching website for more information.
My Blog Manifesto
With this blog and with my posts, I hope that I will encourage and support others to:
• Define what success means for you and to go out and strive towards that success
• Be your best, even when (especially when) you will never be the best
• Focus on improving your life and body, which may or may not involve how fast you are or how long you can (or want to) run
• Figure out what motivates you
• Ignore the goals or priorities that others say are important if they don’t inspire you
• Have balance in life and in running
• Look beyond finish time, age ranking, or the completion of a specific distance as the only indicators of worth
• Celebrate every victory, however large or small
• Have fun and enjoy running
Recent Blog Posts
The Benefits Of Running Without Technology Don’t get me wrong – I LOVE my Garmin (I currently use a Garmin and adore it!). I love having it calculate my distance and pace, and for giving me Frank (my virtual training […]
Several times a year, I act as a pacer for various marathons and half marathons. When I’m a pacer, I often find myself spending a bunch of time manning the pacer booth at the race expo, answering questions and promoting […]
Even the most experienced runners will make mistakes when running – making bad food or clothing choices. Running long runs at a pace that’s way too fast. After some runs, the couch may look so tempting to nap on – […]